Solving the question, why “eat sticky rice” and “sleepy”?
Has anyone ever noticed themselves or those around them or not? If any day at lunch is a papaya salad party that must eaten with sticky rice Shortly. After eating full, you will feel drowsy and sleepy. The drowsiness and craving for sleep is actually a feeling of the body. Or are we just thinking about it ourselves?
The answer is it’s สมัคร ufabet We didn’t think for ourselves. But why Eating glutinous rice can make us feel sleepy.
general knowledge about rice
Rice, if divided according to the characteristics of the grain, is divide into rice and glutinous rice. Both of which have almost the same characteristics. But the difference is the texture of the rice grains. Rice is a starchy food that provides high amounts of carbohydrates. Nutritional value of rice in the amount of 100 grams will provide carbohydrates to 80 grams, about 12 grams of water. About 7 grams of protein, and the rest is fat, vitamins and minerals. But the main carbohydrate in rice is amylose (Amylose) and amylopectin (Amylopactin)
Amylose is a carbohydrate that comes from monosaccharides connect in a straight line, easy to digest, found in white rice (cooked rice) more than sticky rice. Glutinous rice contains amylopectin in higher amounts than non-glutinous rice. Which is a carbohydrate that comes from a single sugar molecule connected to each other Branches. Which will make it harder to digest than amylose.
When the rice we eat enters the process of digestion. Rice will be digested into sugar. which when the sugar content is higher The body releases the hormone insulin (Insulin) to adjust the amount of sugar in the normal range. However, the secretion of insulin also produces the hormones Serotonin (Serotonin) and Melatonin (Melatonin) . Nin is obtained from the synthesis of serotonin again). Which are the two hormones that cause drowsiness.
“Rice” and “drowsy” symptoms
While the body is digesting amylopectin in glutinous rice will release more serotonin and melatonin as well (Because amylopectin is difficult to digest) causing drowsiness more than eating rice. In addition, glutinous rice also contains tryptophan (Tryptophan) that stimulates the body to release both serotonin and melatonin.
Serotonin plays an important role in both physical and mental functioning. It controls brain cells related to emotions such as hunger and sleepiness. Thus affecting sleep. melatonin part will affect the stimulation of the body clock relating to light and darkness. (when in a dark room will sleep better) Which both of these hormones have the effect of relaxing the body and causing drowsiness.
Simply put, whether eating rice or glutinous rice All can cause drowsiness. But eating glutinous rice makes you feel sleepier than eating non-glutinous rice. Because it’s harder to digest and takes longer to digest than rice As a result, the body secretes both drowsiness and much longer than that.
Other nutrients in rice
In addition, rice is rich in important nutrients such as
- Proteins repair damaged parts of the body. and strengthen muscles
- Calcium is a component of bones and teeth. Eating calcium foods therefore strengthens bones and teeth. control heartbeat and the nervous system functioning normally
- Magnesium is important for the nervous system and muscles. control cholesterol levels Make your heart and blood vessels strong. including relieving menstrual pain
- Phosphorus is involved in almost every function of the body. and important for kidney function and transmission of nerve signals
- Potassium plays an important role in helping the functioning of various systems. in the body is normal regulates the water balance in the body strengthen the work of the heart It maintains blood pressure, eliminates waste, and is also involved in regulating emotions.
- Iron helps in nourishing the blood. cure anemia
- Vitamin B Rice is a good source of almost all B vitamins. B vitamins help in the functioning of energy production and regulation in the body. and produce red blood cells Including muscles, nervous system, hormone production control and immune system